Friday, September 9, 2011

"The Tartan" Student Newspaper Returns

It’s been two years since we last saw The Tartan newspaper in print, but today it is back and looking better than ever. The Tartan newspaper, with a staff of 20 students, circulated on campus following today’s convocation. The newspaper includes colorful imagery and editorial sections covering arts and life, sports, news and perspectives.

The Tartan’s first issue was released in the fall of 1958. It had a solid run for 50 years, but during the 2009-2010 school year, the publication moved exclusively online due to funding and resources. Over the last year, students, faculty and staff worked together to bring the printed publication back as a trusted source for news about events and topics around campus.

“I want The Tartan to be something worth reading,” says senior Katie Thompson, the paper’s editor-in-chief. “I want it to be interesting, fun to read and relevant to Gordon students. I’d love to hear students and faculty asking ‘When is the next issue coming out?’ For me that would be an indication that we are succeeding.”

Thompson has seven issues planned for the fall semester with distributions on campus every other Friday. The paper will also feature an online version.

If you’d like to share your news or contact a member of The Tartan staff, email tartan@gordon.edu.

1 comment:

Ginger Domey said...

Congratulations! I LOVED working on the Tartan my four years at Gordon. I was editor-in-chief my senior year - 1960. I still have all the old issues. When I read my old editorials, I cringe at how young I sounded. Does that mean I've grown up? Probably not!
Keep up the good work.
Ginger (Domey) Jennings
Bristol, NH