Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Lens on Student Life

Natalie Fitzpatrick, a senior French major and Communications Arts minor, is interning this semester with Gordon's Office of College Communications and Marketing. She will be blogging regularly, taking photos of student life on and off campus, and will be learning web editing. She has already contributed photos to the Gordon website.

She writes:
"I grew up traveling my whole life, so taking pictures has been a favorite hobby. While I studied abroad in France last year, I also brought my small video camera and recorded every place I visited. Photography is a way for me to make memories of my endless journeys in life. Occasionally I find time to paint the same image as that from a photo. My eyes have changed after painting still-life photos and a self-portrait last semester. Now I’m learning how to make films with good quality video cameras. One of my goals is to discover new things right near my home town of Danvers and perceive things with new lenses – my eyes and a professional camera, that is!"

No comments: