Monday, February 14, 2011

“How Sweet!”

Natalie Fitzpatrick, communications office intern for the Spring semester, will be blogging weekly about student life. Here is her take on Valentine's Day:

"Living in Bromley has been a great experience for me for one main reason: learning to cook and bake my own food without relying on my parents (except for cooking tips and recipes, of course). Banana bread, melt-in-your-mouth cranberry cake, broccoli cheddar soup, and my very own garlic mashed potatoes are just a few of my delicious homemade creations.

On Valentine's Day I wanted my boyfriend to create an edible Valentine gift for me. Thinking artistically, I suggested he make me pancakes from scratch, topped with candy (used regular M&M’s and peanut butter M&M’s, both coated with red, white, and pink colors), heart shaped if possible, and serve it for dinner. It was a messy process. To add to the meal, I made a milkshake – a healthy one I might add – with milk, raspberry cheesecake yogurt, cookie dough ice cream, frozen bananas, and strawberries."

No comments: