Friday, November 5, 2010

An “Ephesians” Moment in Cape Town


“I’d be able to glean more from this conference if I: a) were omnipresent and: b) required no sleep. Conclusion? God is enjoying the Lausanne III Congress more than anyone.” (Paul Borthwick, Christian Ministries faculty)

The Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization in Cape Town (October 17–25) drew 4,000 invited participants from 197 nations, including a contingent from the Gordon College and Gordon-Conwell communities. Possibly one of the most representative gatherings of Christian leaders in history, 90 percent of participants were from the two-thirds world—Africa, Asia, South America—with the remaining 10 percent from North America and Europe.



No comments: