Monday, April 19, 2010

Preparing for Work in the Field of Gerontology

Natanya Hildebrandt ’04 updates Gordon on what she’s been up to since graduating.


Gordon laid a foundation of hard work and time management that has been invaluable. Within the first two weeks (and one all nighter!) of my freshman year, I was forced to improve my study habits, stop procrastinating and juggle a seemingly overwhelming course load.
These capabilities have served me well as I am in my third year at the Yale School of Nursing and continually have to balance multiple clinical sites while keeping up with class work. The professors at Gordon also encouraged the development of ethical reasoning, which has been invaluable to me as I enter the field of health care. I am specializing in gerontology, a veritable breeding ground for ethical dilemmas and shades of grey, and I have been grateful that I spent four years at Gordon being trained in Christian critical thinking that focused on moral development.

No comments: