Thursday, April 1, 2010

Prepared for Pastoral Ministry

John Prickett ’06 updates us on life after graduating.


I am the college pastor of The Harbor, a new church in Beverly, Massachusetts, and will complete my M.Div from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in the spring of 2010. I spent this past summer in Sri Lanka working with an indigenous church planting movement and spent my previous three summers doing youth ministry in a beach town in New Jersey.
At Gordon I learned not simply what to think about the complex issues surrounding life and ministry but also how to think faithfully and critically. My close relationships with professors and friends from diverse backgrounds and faith traditions have been invaluable in preparing me for pastoral ministry and have left me with a deep appreciation for the breadth and beauty of the whole Body of Christ.

No comments: