Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gordon Prepares Grad for Postgraduate Work

“Since graduating from Gordon,” says Julie DeJager Glavic ’07, “I’ve moved to Seattle to pursue an M.A. in theology at Seattle Pacific University. I also work as the university’s program coordinator for a physics research project focused on discovering new approaches within science education. In addition to those commitments, I serve Paradigm, my faith community, as teaching coordinator.

My experience at Gordon laid a solid foundation for the theological research I am now pursuing, giving me the tools to begin the historical and exegetical work necessary for my current endeavors. Gordon’s faculty enlivened theological studies for me through their passion for the scriptural text and the Church. I was encouraged and supported in my own research interests and theological development, without bias according to my gender. This underpinning of encouragement and support strengthens me even now as I work in the Church and the academy.”

No comments: