Monday, April 5, 2010

From Biblical Studies to Worship Pastor

When asked what he’s been up to since leaving Gordon, Wes Roberts ’05 says:


After I graduated I served as a youth director for a church in Connecticut for three years. At the end of my time there I felt called to focus more on leading worship music, so I took a job as worship pastor at a church in Charleston, South Carolina.
In this role I use the tools I learned as a biblical studies major to grow in my understanding and relationship with God as each Sunday I engage our congregation in music, prayer and communion, and manage dozens of volunteers, counsel youth and adults, and communicate vision to others in the ministry.
Above all, Gordon taught me to be a man of character, and a great part of that is ministry to my family. I have enjoyed a wonderful marriage over the last four years as well as having a beautiful 18-month old daughter. As I look to the future, I can only say for certain that I want to continue to be in full-time ministry in the church, develop leaders in ministry, and continue to follow God’s path for our family’s life.

No comments: