Sunday, April 25, 2010

Comparing Medieval Women to Thomas Aquinas

Kirsten Heacock Sanders ’05 updates us on what she’s been up to since graduating.


After finishing a double major in biblical studies and history at Gordon, I decided to combine my interests in contemporary religious cultures with a desire to “go deeper” in the Christian theological tradition by pursuing an M.T.S. at Duke Divinity School. Currently I am pursuing a Ph.D. in theology from Emory University, where I’m looking at the writings of medieval contemplative women alongside the Summa Theologica of Thomas Aquinas. I’m interested in questions of theological hermeneutics and women’s theological writing, and I hope I can continue to allow the introduction I had to biblical studies at Gordon to inform my work in constructive theology.

No comments: