Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Preparing for Law School

Rebecca Jones ’07, who currently attends law school at the University of Washington, updates us on where she’s been since 2007.


After graduating from Gordon I traveled to Chile to solidify my Spanish and continue research I began while studying abroad. Upon returning to the States, while getting ready for law school I worked at a nonprofit which gives grants to low-income women for health care and education. I am in my second year of law school at the University of Washington and hope to practice either immigration or employment law. The biblical and theological studies program at Gordon prepared me for law school in ways I never expected. I have found that the analysis used in biblical exegesis is very similar to that used in breaking down legal decisions. My experience at Gordon has definitely made me a better law student, and I am certain it will make me a better practitioner as well.

No comments: