Friday, March 26, 2010

On Life after Graduating . . .

“After graduating from Gordon College in 2002,” says Lauren Asperschlager, “I continued my academic studies at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, where I received an M.A. in Old Testament. I also studied in Jerusalem, Israel, where I received an M.A. in religious studies from the Rothberg International School of Hebrew University.

“Since returning home to Maine in 2007, I have been participating in the life of my church as a musician and adult Sunday school teacher as well as supporting my husband in his work as pastor of our church. I am the administrative assistant for the Cumberland Baptist Institute for Ministry, an educational program sponsored by the American Baptist Churches of Maine, which provides courses for pastors and lay people in a variety of subjects, including biblical studies, church history, theology, and pastoral care.
“The instruction and encouragement I received at Gordon College has enabled me to study the Bible carefully and intelligently, to interact with and respect Christian denominations and other faith groups that I may not always agree with, and to prioritize my relationship with the Lord over knowing all the ‘right’ answers to every question.”

No comments: