Monday, February 1, 2010

Communion and Community

Leslie Paul, a senior recreation and leisure studies major, shares thoughts on “A Night with the King,” a recent chapel service that included Communion.

Dr. Carmer spoke about Holy Communion and our community life at Gordon. He shared how we each have different traditions and ways of celebrating the body and blood of Christ. But even more so, how we often, even in a Christian community, forget the significance, responsibilities and support we each have when living in community with one another.
Our lives are interwoven here at Gordon. As I saw row after row of my friends share in the offering of Holy Communion, I was humbled to be part of a community of Christ seekers . . . my sense of community grew from this visual. The image of our campus chapel full of students, with evening in the air, was such an encouragement for me. I’m thankful to witness and participate in this community of students eager to serve and care for one another.

No comments: