Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chapel and Convo in Review

Dani Zorn ’09 (communications arts major and business minor) was the Communications Office student intern for the past (spring) semester. One of her responsibilities was to review Gordon’s chapel and convocation series. Of the experience she writes:

“I was excited to only have to go to 15 chapels the last semester of my senior year—this is one of the privileges seniors normally have. But the joke was on me when I learned one of the assignments for my internship was to write the reviews for just about EVERY chapel and convocation.
“As I sat in the pew every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, however, I realized how much I had missed while daydreaming in chapel the years past. Taking notes for the summaries taught me valuable lessons the Lord wanted me to specifically hear. I was convicted, moved and challenged this semester, and by writing these summaries I got to take advantage of the blessing that chapel is for students at Gordon College.”

Dani realized her passion for writing feature articles during her internship semester and hopes to one day write for a magazine or have her own newspaper column. In the meantime, Dani enjoys doing anything outside, hanging out with her family, and getting sweet tea from McDonald’s.
Read a selection of her reviews, and browse audio recordings of Gordon’s chapel and convocation speakers.

No comments: