Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Farewells from Leon and Rebecca Stevenson

"Thank you, Gordon family, for an amazing past four years. You have made my experience a memorable one. The Residence Life, Physical Plant, and CSD staffs have served as my extended family during my tenure at Gordon and time as a student at Gordon-Conwell. Beyond those offices many of you welcomed me into your homes, prayed for me and my wife, or merely greeted me with kindness in your respective offices. Thank you. May God continue to use this campus to advance His kingdom.
"Many of you have asked what exactly my wife Rebecca and I are moving on to. We are a part of a team of three couples that are moving into the inner city of Detroit, Michigan to start a church (Mack Avenue Community Church). If you would like to know more information about what we are doing or would like to be added to our monthly newsletter please email me at leon@mackave.com
"I leave you with the words of Paul in Colossians 2:5-7.: 'For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ. As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him. Rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.'"
Blessings,
Leon, Rebecca, and Baby Stevenson (Due Sept 9th)!

No comments: