Friday, April 18, 2008

Venture Capital's Grandfather and the Olsen Archives

Spencer E. Ante's new book, Creative Capital: Georges Doriot and the Birth of Venture Capital, tells the story of Georges Doriot, the "forgotten grandfather of the venture capital industry. Ante, a Business Week editor and blogger, credits the Ken Olsen Archives, housed at Gordon, as an important souce for his book. He writes: "I believe I am the first person to access this collection. For that honor, I owe a special thanks to Daniel B. Tymann, the college's vice president for advancement of science and technology. When I called Dan, he immediately offered to help, and followed through by combing through the collection and sending me a dossier of letters, interviews, photos and other primary materials."
Read more about Ken Olsen, DEC (Digital Equipment Corporation) founder and longtime Gordon trustee, and about the Heart of Discovery Campaign.

No comments: